Sign up with email
Rights of Content
The users retain the right to all text, pictures and other content that they create in the service. The users allow others to utilize the content in accordance with the nature of the service and furthermore allow the service provider to file information and data and make changes that are necessary for the service or the study, however other rights are not transferred from the users, unless specifically otherwise agreed. The responsibility of the content lies with the user, who has produced it to the service. The service provider has the right to remove any material when it deems it necessary.
No guarantees of the functioning of the service are given. The users are responsible for their actions in the service and they should estimate the reliability of other users before dealing with them. The service provider can under no circumstances be liable for damage that is caused to the user. The user may not store any information or data in the service, and expect it to remain there.
The Removal of a User
The service provider has the right to remove any users from our site and terminate their right of use of the service without any specific reason and without being liable for compensation.
What Can be Sold
Vendors may sell new, repurposed, vintage (30+ years) and handcrafted items, as well as services and gift certificates.
If you are selling an item, you must use your own photographs of the item being sold. Stock photos, artist renderings and photos from other sellers or sites are not allowed. If you are selling a service or a gift certificate, you may use your own photo that represents the service or gift certificate. All listings must include a detailed description.
What Can't be Sold
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold. These include drugs, cigarettes, guns, ammunition, "miracle cures" and sex toys. Abusive, threatening, obscene, vulgar, defamatory or harassing photos or text are not allowed.
LocalShops1 may remove any listings that violate our policies. LocalShops1 may suspend or terminate your account for any violations, so if you are not sure if any item is OK to list, please contact us before listing. Fees, if any, are not refundable.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent.
Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings
By selling on LocalShops1, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photo
- Respect the intellectual property of others
- Protect any personal information you receive or process
- Honor your shipping and processing times
- Respond to messages in a timely manner (within 72 hours)
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order
Use of personal details
Personal details are collected to make communication and use of service possible. Details can be used for communication between service providers and users and also for direct communication between users. Some personal details are visible on the profile page of the user, but those details are voluntary (except name).
The handling of personal details is not outsourced, but the register data is stored on a server that is rented from a third party company.
Information content of the register
The following information may be stored in the register:
- Personal details: Name, email address, phone number, street address
- Account details: username, password (stored in encrypted format)
- The description text that the user may write about him/herself
- The offers and requests the user has posted to the service
- The given and received feedback and badges
- Statistical data about service usage, e.g. number times the user has logged in